ParentPresents.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn More
When it comes to celebrating your mom’s birthday, it’s important to find ways to make the occasion fun and memorable. This happens by getting her a thoughtful birthday gift that she’ll appreciate or doing something with her that you know she will enjoy. If you are with her in person or celebrating her birthday from afar, a birthday joke is a great way to add some lighthearted humor to the mix!
Whether you’re looking for a witty one-liner to write in a birthday card, a joke to share on social media, or just a silly quote to get the party started, these funny birthday jokes for Mom are sure to make her laugh (or roll her eyes).
Mom is getting older and if she has a good-sense of humor one of these light-hearted jokes poking fun at her age might be perfect to pull out on her special day.
1. They say wrinkles are a roadmap of life, and Mom, you must have traveled the world!
2. Why did Mom bring a ladder to her birthday party? Because she heard the view gets better with age!
3. I’m not saying you’re old, but your birth certificate expired years ago.
4. What did Mom say on her birthday? “I used to be young and fabulous, but now I’m just fabulous with more experience!”
5. Birthdays are like cheese. They stink more as they age, but some people just love the smell.
6. You’re not getting older, Mom, you’re increasing in value like a fine wine.
Birthdays are also about presents and cake, and there’s plenty of room for jokes in these areas. Time one of these jokes right and they will have the whole family laughing out loud!
7. How does Mom count her birthday candles? She needs a calculator and a magnifying glass.
8. Why did Mom get a senior citizen discount on her birthday cake? Because the baker saw the amount of candles she needed!
9. You know you’re getting older when the candles cost more than the cake.
10. I wanted to get you a really special gift for your birthday, but then I remembered that you still haven’t figured out how to use the last one I got you. Maybe this year, it’ll come with an instruction manual!
11. Why does Mom’s birthday cake feel so lucky? Because it had lots of candles for wishes, and we all know Mom’s wishes come true!
12. What did Mom say when she got a diet book for her birthday? “Great, now I can eat my cake and read about how I shouldn’t be eating cake!” Who said you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
13. Why did Mom’s birthday gift make her laugh so hard? Because it was a picture of herself from 20 years ago! Mom’s sense of humor is timeless.
Whether your Mom has a dog, cat, bird, turtle, another pet, or all of the above, a joke that incorporates her love for animals is sure to be a hit.
14. Mom, you’ve trained us well, just like your favorite dog. Happy birthday to our pack leader!
15. Your love for pets is so legendary that even the squirrels come to your birthday party. It’s a real ‘tail’ of attraction!
16. On your special day, Mom, we promise not to judge you for talking to the cat. We know you’re just fluent in ‘Meowish’!
17. Enjoy your ‘pawsitively’ delightful day!
18. Happy birthday, Mom! May your day be as purr-fect as a cat’s nap and as joyful as a dog’s playtime.
19. Here’s to a mom who’s so ‘pet-tacular’ that even the neighborhood squirrels RSVP to her birthday party!
These wine-themed jokes are sure to bring a smile to the face of your wine-loving mom on her birthday!
20. Why did Mom bring a corkscrew to her birthday party? Because she knew it would be a ‘wine’-dingly good time!
21. On your birthday, Mom, may your glass always be half full, or in this case, half full of wine!
22. They say a glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away. Mom, you must be the healthiest person we know!
23. Why did Mom choose a wine-themed party for her birthday? Because it’s the only way to have a ‘grape’ time!
24. What did Mom say when asked her secret to happiness? ‘Wine-not enjoy life to the fullest!’
25. Why did Mom join the wine club? Because it was the only club where ‘pour’ decisions are encouraged!
These cooking and baking-themed jokes will surely bring a smile to the face of your food-loving mom on her special day!
26. Why did Mom become a chef? Because she knew the way to our hearts was through our stomachs!
27. Mom, you’re so skilled in the kitchen that even the smoke alarm applauds your cooking. Happy birthday to our culinary wizard!
28. They say the best memories are made in the kitchen, and we have you to thank for all those unforgettable moments.
29. Why did Mom become a baker? Because she wanted to make the world a sweeter place, one dessert at a time!
30. Why did Mom choose a cooking-themed party for her birthday? Because she knew it would be a taste sensation!
For the shopaholic moms out there, what better way to kick off her birthday celebration than with a selection of humorous jokes that play on her beloved shopping habit.
31. Happy birthday to the ultimate shopping pro, our Mom! You could navigate a mall blindfolded.
32. Why did Mom choose to go shopping on her birthday? Because she knows it’s the best way to celebrate – retail therapy!
33. Mom, you have a Ph.D. in shopping – Pro at Hunting Discounts!
34. Why did Mom choose a shopping spree for her birthday? Because she knows it’s the ultimate form of self-love!
35. Mom, your shopping is so strategic that even chess players admire your moves. You’re a retail grandmaster!
36. Happy birthday to Mom, the shopping addict! She once went shopping for “just one thing” and emerged with a cartload of surprises – even she doesn’t know what she bought!
37. Why did Mom go shopping on her birthday? Because she heard that “shop ’til you drop” is just a friendly suggestion!
Your mom’s birthday is a special occasion and one you don’t want to forget. What better way to celebrate than with some funny jokes! If you aren’t looking for a funny joke, but are still looking for inspiration on how to wish your mom a happy birthday check out our list of 101+ Birthday Wishes for Mom.
If you are looking for the perfect birthday gift for mom or some ideas on things to do for mom’s birthday check out some of our other posts like 29 Hot & Trending Birthday Gifts for Mom and 33 Things to do With Mom on Her Birthday