ParentPresents.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn More
When it comes to celebrating your dad’s birthday, it’s important to find ways to make the occasion fun and memorable. This happens by getting him a thoughtful birthday gift that he’ll appreciate or doing something with him that you know he’ll enjoy. Another way to make the day even more special is by adding some lighthearted humor to the mix!
Whether you’re looking for a witty one-liner to write in a birthday card, a dad joke to share on social media, or just a silly quote to get the party started, these funny birthday jokes for Dad are sure to make him laugh (or roll his eyes).
Dad is getting older! So one of these light-hearted jokes poking fun at Dad’s age might be perfect to pull out on his special day.
1. You’re not getting older, you’re increasing in value like a fine wine.
2. They say age is just a number, but in your case, it’s a really high one!
3. I’m not saying you’re old, but your birth certificate expired years ago.
4. Another year older, but still not as old as your jokes.
5. Birthdays are like cheese. They stink more as they age, but some people just love the smell.
6. You know you’re getting older when the candles cost more than the cake
7. Why did Dad need glasses for his birthday? Because his eyesight was 20-20-50!
8. What did Dad say on his birthday? “I used to be young and hip, but now I’m just hip-replacement!”
9. How does Dad count his birthday candles? He needs a calculator and a magnifying glass
10. Why did Dad get a senior citizen discount on his birthday cake? Because the baker saw the amount of candles he needed!
Birthdays are also about presents and cake, and there’s plenty of room for jokes in these areas. Time these right and they will have the whole family laughing!
11. Congrats on another year of being able to embarrass me in front of my friends. It’s a true gift from God.
12. I wanted to get you a really special gift for your birthday, but then I remembered that you still haven’t figured out how to use the last one I got you.
13. Why does Dad’s birthday cake feel so lucky? Because it had lots of candles for wishes!
14. What did Dad say when he got a diet book for his birthday? “Great, now I can eat my cake and read about how I shouldn’t be eating cake!”
15. Why did Dad’s birthday cake start to deflate? Because it realized it had more candles than frosting!
16. Why did Dad’s birthday gift make him laugh so hard? Because it was a picture of himself from 20 years ago!
17. What did Dad say when he got a toy train set for his birthday? “Wow, it’s like you’re encouraging me to be immature!”
For the golfing dads out there, what better way to tee off his birthday celebration than with a selection of humorous jokes that play on his favorite pastime.
18. Another year older, but still driving the ball farther than your age.19. Another year of wisdom, another year of experience, and another year of… slicing the ball to the right?20. On your birthday, Dad, let’s put the clubs away and celebrate with some cake instead (but feel free to wear your golf shoes).21. Happy birthday to the dad who knows how to handle a sand trap, but has trouble handling the laundry.
22. Happy birthday, Dad! May your birthday be closer to par than your golf scores!
If Dad enjoys casting a line every now and then, he will love a light-hearted fishing-themed birthday joke to go along with his special day
23. You may be older, but I’ve heard your fishing skills are only getting better with age!
24. Another year of wisdom, another year of experience, and another year of… waiting patiently for the big one to bite?25. On your birthday, let’s put the fishing gear away and celebrate with some cake instead (but feel free to wear your fishing hat).
26. Happy birthday to the dad who knows how to hook ’em and cook ’em (even if the cooking part is a bit of a mystery).27. Why did the dad decide to go fishing on his birthday? So he could finally have a good excuse for taking a nap in the middle of the day!
Car-loving dads are known for their obsession with horsepower and speed, so why not rev up his birthday celebration with a hilarious car-themed joke.
28. Happy birthday to the dad who knows how to handle a stick shift, but still hasn’t quite mastered the art of backing up a trailer.
29. At what age do we take your license away from you?
30. Another year of wisdom, another year of experience, and another year of… constantly tinkering with your car?
31. Happy birthday to the dad who knows how to rev up an engine and turn heads on the street.
For the dads that think they can fix anything around the house, here’s some jokes that play on his DIY skills.
32. Happy birthday, Dad! Here’s to another year of pretending like you know how to fix things around the house.
33. Another year older, but still convinced that you can fix anything with a little bit of elbow grease and some creative problem-solving.
34. On your birthday, may your toolbox be overflowing with every tool you could ever need (even if you don’t know how to use all of them).
35. Happy birthday to the dad who can fix anything around the house… except for the dishwasher, which has been broken for three months.
36. On your birthday, let’s put the hammer and nails aside and celebrate with some cake instead.
37. Here’s some duct tape so you can fix up that sore back and “tape” on a happy birthday smile!
Whether your Geeky Dad is into sci-fi, video games, or comic books, a joke that incorporates some nerdy humor is sure to be a hit.
40. On your birthday, may you receive all the latest tech gear and gadgets you’ve been dreaming of, and may your virtual reality headset never run out of battery.
Your dad’s birthday is a special occasion, and what better way to celebrate than with some funny jokes!
Now that you have your joke, if you are looking for the perfect birthday gift for Dad or some ideas on things to do for Dad’s birthday check out some of our other posts! Here are the 27 Hottest Birthday Gifts for Dad’s Birthday and 43 Things to do With Dad on His Birthday.